Friday, November 16, 2007

top five

Ok, my friends, I feel like it's time for a little break from all my Yankee Candle promoting, so instead, I am going to promote some fantastic songs, all of which have to do with candles/have the word candle in their title. Are you sure you're ready for this? It's going to be pretty freakin' exciting.

Top Five songs about candles/that have the word candle in their title:


1) This Little Light of Mine (We sang this at my kindergarten graduation with penlights. It was one of the defining moments of my life.)

2) Light My Candle (RENT is one of the most genius Broadway productions EVER. Plus, it's totally fun to watch Mimi and Roger use their candles as a metaphor for sex.)

3) Candle in the Wind (Not a personal favorite, but who doesn't love Marilyn Monroe or Lady Di?)

4) A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More "Touch Me" (Honest confession: I loved Fall Out Boy for a long time, until they completely sold their souls to the music industry.)

5) By Candlelight (Great Chrstmas song I sang in high school with a kicking piano intro. That I know how to play. Yeah, I am a beast.)

No comments: