Friday, November 16, 2007

the challenge

So, my friends, I was in Yankee Candle yesterday, perusing the shelves, looking for a new scent. I settled on the 14.5 oz jar of Cottage Breeze (SotD for 11/14) and meandered to the checkout counter. Well, as always, the sales girl informed me that for $3 more, I could purchase the 22 oz jar, and it would burn for TWICE as long as the 14.5 oz (100-150 hours to 65-90 hours). Usually i don't fall for these cash-stealing gimmicks. but then I thought, I shall put this 22 oz jar of Cottage Breeze to the test! well, I started burning it last night, and it burned from approximately 5:21 PM until 7:20 (2 hours for you who struggle with math). I am happy to say that the wax level barely lowered. But if it turns out that my candle burns for less time than 100 hours, we will be taking the problem straight to management, and it will be a giant leap for candle lovers everywhere. 2 hours down, only 98 to go.

No comments: