Saturday, November 17, 2007

blackout!

Ok, my friends, let's all make a confession right now. We are addicted to electricity. Look around your room right now and count all of the things that are running on electricity. It's ridiculous, right? Well here is my challenge, should you choose to accept it.

Have a blackout night. This is something that my roommates from last year and I always wanted to do. Basically, it consists of turning off/not using anything that runs on electricity (and yes, my friends, this includes the computer).

How does this relate to candles, you may ask?

Well, because you would use them as your main light source! Flashlights would probably be easier, but think of how nice it would be to have a house full of candles, each gently glimmering in the darkness, their scents (if they were scented) silently wafting through the house. Add a good book (special recommendation: any Harry Potter), and it might just be the best night ever.

No comments: