Sunday, November 18, 2007

may i present the scent of the day?


Clean Cotton

description from the Yankee Candle web site:
"The refreshing scent of just cleaned sheets dried in a gentle breeze."

Ok, my friends, I know you may find it a bit odd that I chose a candle that smells like cotton as the scent of the day ("why would you want a candle that smells like cotton?") but when I smelled this candle in the Yankee Candle store, I was immediately brought back to my childhood, when my mother would hang out our sheets to dry on the clothes line. Which, may I point out, is exactly what Yankee Candle intended. But come on, who doesn't love the smell of laundry? There's just something about the touch and feel and smell of clean clothes/towels/sheets/and other random things. Plus it has a really quaint scene on the front of it, which I like to pretend is where I live. Don't judge me.

No comments: